Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pillow Line


I am completely in love with this stop motion photo/video by Kari Medig--from the creativity in the interpretation of the theme to the music. It is perfect! I am so amazed and inspired I can't help but want to share it and try it myself someday! Like my old art teachers used to say, ideas come from ideas. Thanks to my friend Jen who shared her friend's creation with me! I tried to share it with my film-making friend in Newfoundland but she had already seen it. Small world. Great video! And to top it all off, Medig donated his prize money! Cool. This is what he says about the video:

Here's a show I put together for the 2010 Coldsmoke photo competition that happens every year here in Nelson BC. It was inspired by an amazing stop motion concept and technique used by Tel Aviv based photographer Eyal Landesman. I took it a step in a different direction that gave me a chance to show the world of skiing in a different way. Money's awarded were donated to Medicin san Frontiers Haiti Earthquake Relief and Reporters Without Borders. Enjoy!



If you would like to see a bigger version of this video in HD, it is definitely worth watching.

No comments: